Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!

     Well, I made a few new years resolutions. Normally i don't, but this year i felt that i was due. Here they are...

     1. Lose some weight. I know that's probably the most common resolution ever. I'm going to do it though. I think the easiest thing for me is to just stop drinking cokes. Some days i might drink 5 or 6 of them. Cokes are the worst thing for you, they are just liquid sugar. Your body doesn't even have to burn calories digesting a coke. They just go from the can to wherever your body stores fat. (in my case the gut :P)

    2. Grow 3 or 4 more inches. Not as easy as #1, i know. I'd really like to be 6 feet tall though, so i'm going to give it my best shot. I'll be scouring the internet soon, looking for ways a 43 year old man might grow taller. Surely there's a way.

    3. Hug all my children and my wife at least once every day. OK that's an easy one, I already do that!!

    4. Take better care of my heart. You cant tell by looking at me, but i have a serious blood pressure problem. It's way too high and i dont take good enough care of it. Mainly because doctors are so expensive and i dont have any insurance. I can barely stand the fact that i have to work for 2 or 3 days just to pay a doctor for a few minutes of his or her time. My heart, however, is a pretty important part of life. I need it to last at least long enough to see my babies grow up....

    5. Revamp my faith. I'm not an openly religious person, but i am a very religious person. My relationship with God is a good one. I talk, he listens. God doesnt talk directly to me, but he has ways of letting me know what he wants and usually i pick up on them. Lately though, I've been slacking. I used to always do what i thought was the right thing, whether others thought it was right or not. My main goal in life is to someday face the Lord and have him say " you did good son".  What everyone else on the planet thinks about me is trivial next to what God thinks about me. My advice is to always question how life's events impact your soul. Take care of your soul, because that's all that really matters. Everything else is just a dream, you may or may not remember it all, but after you wake up, it doesnt really matter anyway.....

    Happy New year, enjoy it and take care of yourself.

1 comment:

  1. 1. You know you can do it. And you know it doesn't take that much effort!
    2.Not happening!
    3.You so give the best hugs, next to your youngest of course. He inherited that from you, but I can actually hold him so...
    4.PLEASE do this!
    5.God knows you and your intentions. All you can do is all you can do. And that is all you can do. You're human, that automatically makes you imperfect. You ARE an amazing person and I promise you, you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete