Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter

     My lovely wife.
     At the ripe age of 31, I was a certified bachelor. I had exactly zero plans that involved a wife or kids. Winter was already in my life but only as a friend of my brothers and the girlfriend of my very good friend. I won't go into the details but i will say that at 32 she made me a husband and father and the happiest man alive.
     I've never been accused of being overly romantic but she is the one person that occasionally brings that out of me.  I don't think very many people actually have what we have, and that is 'true love'. I can't even imagine life without my girly girl. I doubt that she even knows this, but just by saying yes, she saved my life.
     Besides being a beautiful woman, Winter is the most caring and compassionate woman i know. She is not only a wonderful wife and mother, but she is also a wonderful sister and daughter. She is always thinking of others and ways to help others, even when no one knows it. If you've ever thought that my wife was intentionally inconsiderate of your feelings, well, you are wrong. She always considers everyones feelings, sometimes, I think, to a fault. Of course, I'm not very good at all at considering someone else's feelings as I blunder through my life so she has to keep me from making an ass of myself too.
     She brings order to my chaos and maturity to my childishness. What a wonderful woman i have found. Of course, like any marriage, it's not all roses and candy. We do have disagreements occasionally, but never fights. We're both above that, i think and neither enjoys fighting. So in that area we are a perfect match.
     Four of the things I love most about my wife are Eric, Brody, William and Ella. Winter is the best mom. She has taught all of our children compassion and kindness. She has given me four of the best children I've ever met. I love to just watch her play with them. I also pay close attention when she gets on to one or more of them. She can discipline with only words and that amazes me. My kids do what I tell them because as i say "they fear the foot". They work with her because they love her. They are kids though, and sometimes they don't work with her or fear me. She's always in control, though, of them and usually one or two more besides our own. This honestly amazes me.
     Winter was born to be a mommy, but that's not all that I love about her. Although I would prefer that she just be a mommy, because I know that's what makes her happy, there have been times in our marriage that she has to combine mommyhood with working and helping with the bills. She is an excellent book keeper also. Again, I am the opposite. If not for Winter, I would be constantly broke. I don't know how she does it but she can keep us in the black no matter how hard i try to spend us into the red. She WILL chew my butt about financial responsibility, believe me. I need that though and appreciate her efforts at making me more responsible with money.
     It's easy for any man to say "I love my wife". I say it all the time and I mean it. But there's so much more to it than that. I exist for my wife and kids. I live for them and love them all more than I can possibly describe in writing. Since I know you're reading this, thank you, Winter, for making me a better man. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! I was just kidding, but that was very sweet. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute! Winter, you are a lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete